Steps to getting started with new WordPress Blog:
- Pick a niche or a topic that you will are good at and love to share with rest of the world.
- Buy a domain.
- Buy a host.
- Setup your domain to redirect to your host address (update name server information)
- Install WordPress, setup admin user to your blog.
- Select a free or premium theme for your blog.
- Register for a free Google Analytics account, remember the tracking code (starting with UA-xxxxxx).
- Install and configure plugins for your newly setup blog, below are just name a few of them:
- Askimet – to filter/block spam
- Google Analytics – to authenticate and link your blog with your Google Analytics account.
- All in SEO package – to power up SEO for your blog’s content, including setup right title, description and keywords for each post or page.
- Post view counter – to show a counter for how many view your post or page have.
- Social sharing – to enable social sharing button to most popular social networks (Facebook, Twitter, Google+, etc)
- Jetpack – to manage auto posting from your blog to social networks such as Twitter, Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn, Path, Tumblr.
- Write your second post or edit the default Hello World post of WordPress.